Cannot see other user's annotation, shared group and class

Hi,

I created a document, http://app.annotationstudio.org/documents/test--18, and did some test annotations from two different accounts, each in a different browser. Each account can see its own annotations, but not from the other account. I’ve added both account to the same classes and groups, and I’ve checked the box on the annotation to share with their groups.

The account emails are [email protected] and [email protected]

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

Looking at the group name, it appears that one of them may include something funky. Would you be willing to try retyping all class name(s), and/or group name(s), in both accounts, and the document, being sure to use no punctuation, and let me know if that solves your issue? If so, I can apply a fix to accommodate those sorts of characters.

Thanks!

Jamie

Thanks for the quick response, but still no luck.

http://app.annotationstudio.org/documents/test-3

Tried removing the other groups and classes on both accounts. Now only ‘dickinson’ and ‘public’ for classes and groups. Also logged out and logged in.

Todd

Hi Todd,

OK, and do you know about the filter sidebar? It lets you turn filters on and off; see below, by clicking that gear menu toward the top right, you get a slide in menu, with available filters:

Let me know if choosing Class or Group from that sidebar fixes the issue for you.

If that’s the issue, you’re not the first to stumble on this problem. I think it’s a bona fide UX bug, in that it’s a bit too subtle.

Let me know – thanks!

Jamie

Wonderful, that was it. Thank you very much. So by default, all new documents start with the filer “Me”?

Todd

Great, glad to hear that was it. Yes, by default, you see your own annotations only, and can remove the filters to see others’.

Good to know, thanks for your time, Jamie.

Todd

Happy to help – I would be glad to hear more about your work with/interest in Annotation Studio, if/when you would like to share.

Sure, before seeing your site, I had just finished making something very similar using Drupal and what I’m guessing is the same javascript library for some of our courses doing close reading. So now I’m debating which way to go or if I’ll just let faculty know both are available.