Annotations disappeared in the middle of class

Hi! I’m using Annotation Studio via our Wheaton College site (wheatoncollege.annotationstudio.org) for my ENG 398 class. Everything was going great, and everyone was able to see each others’ annotations on “The Lifted Veil.” Rather abruptly, however, all the annotations disappeared when students went to refresh the page. Even when we filtered the document to see annotations made by “Classes” and the “Whole Document,” nothing turned up. New annotations wouldn’t show up either (and I was making sure that students were checking the box to make their annotations visible to the whole class).

I actually used Annotation Studio last year in class, and I’ve never encountered this issue before. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Hi @winter.werner,

Over the past 24 hours we have experienced intermittent problems with the annotation store and the database service provider. We are working with them to resolve the issue as soon as possible. So, the problem is on our side but rest assured, none of your annotations are lost.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Kurt

Thanks for your help! We’re going to give it a second go tomorrow!